IT’S TIME TO REGISTER FOR BATTLE OF THE BOOKS! …. IT’S FREE TO ALL 3rd, 4TH, 5TH and 6TH GRADE STUDENTS IN SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY.
The 4th annual San Luis Obispo County Battle of the Books will be held on Saturday, June 9, 2018 at CL Smith Elementary School (1375 Balboa Street, San Luis Obispo).
All 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students in San Luis Obispo County who have read at least 5 Battle Books from the 2018 Book List are eligible for this FREE COMPETITION.
Register online at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BattleOfTheBooks2018
Registration will close on May 31, 2018 or when 200 students have signed up. A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided for all participants. Family members of all ages are invited to watch any or all of the days’ events from the audience seating area.
NEW THIS YEAR: An Adult Battle will take place before the student Grand Battle. Watch the California State PTA President, Dianna MacDonald, and other parents, PTA officers and local VIPs participate in their own mini Battle of the Books. Interested in participating in the Adult Battle? Check out the Adult Battle Book List and email email@example.com to sign up.
Know someone who would like to volunteer to be a Reader or Timer? Ask them to sign up, too! As our thanks, lunch is on us! Sign up here to be volunteer for this fantastic event!
Battle of the Books is made possible through the generous donations of these organizations and individuals:
- Twenty-Fourth District PTA
- California State PTA capta.org
- Gladiator Paintball Park gladiatorpaintballpark.com
- SLO Blues Baseball bluesbaseball.com
- JL Fundraising (on Facebook)
- Cal Poly Athletics gopoly.com
- Santa Barbara Zoo www.sbzoo.org
- Fresno Grizzlies Baseball www.milb.com/fresno
- Charles Paddock Zoo (Atascadero) charlespaddockzoo.org
- The Slice Pizza (Arroyo Grande) www.arroyoslice.com
- The Great American Melodrama and Vaudeville