All unit presidents were mailed an updated copy of the Insurance and Loss Prevention Guide in mid-November. A Certificate of Liability Insurance for 2017 can be found on page 2 of that Guide. Also included in that packet was a blank Workers Compensation Annual Payroll Report along with instructions and a sample form. California law requires Workers Compensation Reports to be completed by EVERY PTA even if no one was paid. Please send your completed and signed report to Stephanie Hale, Twenty-Fourth District PTA Treasurer, by NO LATER THAN January 10th, 2017. You can either scan and email the completed report to email@example.com or mail it to the address used for membership remittances.
Join us for our November Association Meeting on Monday, November 14th at 6pm at the San Luis Obispo County Office of Education (3350 Education Drive, San Luis Obispo). Snacks will be provided and children are welcome. We will elect a nominating committee, adopt updated bylaws and listen to an important presentation on how we can help foster youth in our community. After the meeting there will be an optional “Secret Santa” gift exchange.
We now have a Facebook group set up so current PTA officers in San Luis Obispo County can ask questions and share information with each other, as well as with Twenty-Fourth District PTA. This private group is called SLO County PTA and members must be added. If you’d like to join, search for SLO County PTA on Facebook and send a request to an admin today.
- 24th District PTA has a new board for 2015-2017. There are many returning faces and also some new ones. Our Board Directory page lists all board members and their contact information so you will know who to contact and how to reach us for anything you need.
- The first 24th District PTA Association meeting of the year will be held on Monday, September 21st from 6 – 8 pm at the History Center of San Luis Obispo County (696 Monterey Street). The History Center currently has an exhibit on one of our PTA founders – Phoebe Apperson Hearst: California’s Grande Dame. After our (short) association meeting, you can tour the exhibit at no cost to you! This will be a fun way to kick off our PTA year together so come meet our board and California State PTA President Justine Fischer, get your questions answered and learn more about Phoebe Apperson Hearst!
- We will be voting to approve updated bylaws for 24th District at our September 21st meeting. These bylaws are an update to the 2015 version with no changes from previously approved bylaws. If you would like a copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you a PDF version.
- We will again be offering one “full-ride” scholarship to Convention this year for one lucky PTA! Any PTA in good standing which sends at least one representative to every 24th District PTA Association meeting from now through March will be entered in the scholarship drawing. This is worth approximately $1000, so be sure you have a representative there!
- We have membership envelopes and cards! If you are in need of either or both, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you need.
Welcome to all new and returning PTA members and officers! I hope that you are all having a great summer and preparing for a fantastic start to the school year in August!
The 24th District PTA has already been hard at work doing what we can to help you all be successful during the coming year. We have a new board in place and you can find all of our contact information on our “Board Directory” page. Our “Unit Resources” page has also been updated with current versions of the forms you need and use frequently. Please check back here often, as we will continue to update and add useful information throughout the year.
If you need any assistance, or have questions or concerns related to PTA, our board members are here to help you – even during summer “vacation”! We look forward to working with you in the coming year!
Melinda Kirkland, President
24th District PTA