The third annual county-wide Battle of the Books will take place TOMORROW (Saturday, June 10th) at Sinsheimer Elementary School (2755 Augusts Street, San Luis Obispo). Check in starts at 9 am and the Grand Battle will take place at approximately 1:45 pm. Parents and family members are welcome to watch some or all of the competition. See you tomorrow for a day of great fun!!
On Saturday, May 13, 2017, Twenty-Fourth District PTA will hold a training event for all PTA officers, board members, and interested PTA volunteers in San Luis Obispo County.
PTA Officer and Volunteer Training will be held at Santa Margarita Elementary School (22070 H Street, Santa Margarita) and will run from 9 am to 2 pm. Members of the California State PTA Board of Managers will be on hand to assist with the training, so don’t miss this opportunity to learn about all things PTA!
PTA Officer and Volunteer Training costs $5 per person and includes continental breakfast and lunch.
RSVP’s are requested by no later than Friday, May 12th for planning purposes. Please register using the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PTAtraining2017
The following officers for the 2017-2019 Twenty-Fourth District PTA Executive Board were elected on March 23, 2017:
|5th VP/Community Concerns
|*Unit Information Officer
*Indicates a position filled by appointment of the President.
All 2017-2019 officers begin their term on July 1, 2017.
IT’S TIME TO REGISTER FOR BATTLE OF THE BOOKS! …. IT’S FREE TO ALL 3rd, 4TH, 5TH and 6TH GRADE STUDENTS IN SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY.
Registration will close on May 31, 2017 or when 200 students have signed up.
Know someone who would like to volunteer to be a Reader or Timer? Ask them to sign up, too! As our thanks, lunch is on us! Sign up here to be volunteer for this fantastic event!
Register online at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BattleOfTheBooks2017
The second annual San Luis Obispo County Battle of the Books will be held on Saturday, June 10, 2017 at Sinsheimer Elementary School.
All 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students in San Luis Obispo County who have read at least 5 Battle Books are eligible for this FREE competition. Click here to view this year’s Battle Book List.
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The nominating committee has approved the following slate of officers for nomination for the 2017-2019 Twenty-Fourth District PTA Executive Board:
- President: Lisa McCracken
- 1st Vice-President – Leadership: Melinda Kirkland
- 2nd Vice-President – Programs: Patty Revalee
- 3rd Vice-President – Membership: Karen Clement
- 4th Vice-President – Communications: OPEN
- 5th Vice-President – Community Concerns: Evan McCracken
- 6th Vice-President – Legislation: Stephanie Hale
- Secretary: Barbara Harris
- Treasurer: Bea Jansen
- Auditor: OPEN
- Historian: Erin McCracken
- *Parliamentarian: Diana Wright
- *Hospitality: Bonnie Downing
- *Unit Information Officer: OPEN
- *Student Representative: OPEN
- *Area Representative: OPEN
Elections for the 2017-2019 Twenty-Fourth District PTA Executive Board will be held at our annual Administrator’s Dinner and Association Meeting on Thursday, March 23rd (6:30pm, Nipomo High School Olympic Hall). Additional nominations may be made from the floor during the election portion of the meeting.
*These positions are filled by appointment and any association votes with respect to them are advisory in nature.
The third annual San Luis Obispo County Battle of the Books will be held on Saturday, June 10, 2016 at Sinsheimer Elementary School.
All 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students in San Luis Obispo County who have read at least 5 Battle Books from the 2017 Book List are eligible for this FREE COMPETITION.
Registration opens April 1, 2017
All unit presidents were mailed an updated copy of the Insurance and Loss Prevention Guide in mid-November. A Certificate of Liability Insurance for 2017 can be found on page 2 of that Guide. Also included in that packet was a blank Workers Compensation Annual Payroll Report along with instructions and a sample form. California law requires Workers Compensation Reports to be completed by EVERY PTA even if no one was paid. Please send your completed and signed report to Stephanie Hale, Twenty-Fourth District PTA Treasurer, by NO LATER THAN January 10th, 2017. You can either scan and email the completed report to email@example.com or mail it to the address used for membership remittances.
We now have a Facebook group set up so current PTA officers in San Luis Obispo County can ask questions and share information with each other, as well as with Twenty-Fourth District PTA. This private group is called SLO County PTA and members must be added. If you’d like to join, search for SLO County PTA on Facebook and send a request to an admin today.
Hello PTA leaders!
Welcome to another fabulous school year! I know that we are all incredibly busy with the start of a new year and all the work that entails, but I wanted to make sure you get a few key pieces of information.
- 24th District PTA has a new board for 2015-2017. There are many returning faces and also some new ones. Our Board Directory page lists all board members and their contact information so you will know who to contact and how to reach us for anything you need.
- The first 24th District PTA Association meeting of the year will be held on Monday, September 21st from 6 – 8 pm at the History Center of San Luis Obispo County (696 Monterey Street). The History Center currently has an exhibit on one of our PTA founders – Phoebe Apperson Hearst: California’s Grande Dame. After our (short) association meeting, you can tour the exhibit at no cost to you! This will be a fun way to kick off our PTA year together so come meet our board and California State PTA President Justine Fischer, get your questions answered and learn more about Phoebe Apperson Hearst!
- We will be voting to approve updated bylaws for 24th District at our September 21st meeting. These bylaws are an update to the 2015 version with no changes from previously approved bylaws. If you would like a copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you a PDF version.
- We will again be offering one “full-ride” scholarship to Convention this year for one lucky PTA! Any PTA in good standing which sends at least one representative to every 24th District PTA Association meeting from now through March will be entered in the scholarship drawing. This is worth approximately $1000, so be sure you have a representative there!
- We have membership envelopes and cards! If you are in need of either or both, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you need.
Finally, the 24th District PTA Board would like to know how we can serve you and your members better. We are all volunteers and parents, just like you, and we are here to help you make your PTA as successful as possible. So please take a very short survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LZ9DSKM) and let us know what you need and want so that together we can continue our amazing work for the children of San Luis Obispo County.
Thank you for all you do!
Melinda Kirkland, President